Interpreters and Virtual Machines
Programming Language Runtime Systems
The bundle includes two courses on implementing runtime systems for programming languages:
Both courses are purely practical, showing how to build an AST-interpreter and a Stack-based VM from scratch in a pair-programming coding videos. You will better understand how other production-level languages work today, including Python, JS and others.
The classes mainly focus on program runtime, skipping the parsing stage. High-level Abstract Syntax Tree (AST) and lower-level Bytecode formats are presented.
I hope you'll enjoy the journey into implementing your programming language!
Dmitry Soshnikov is a Software engineer, and a lecturer on different computer science topics.
He is passioned about education, and focuses on high-quality educational content: concise and straight to the point animated lectures with live-editing notes.
You will learn:
- Compilers and interpreters: building a Programing language
- Garbage Collectors (Automatic memory management)
- Theory of programming languages
- Automata Theory: Building a RegExp machine
- Parsers theory: Implementing a Parser Generator